TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Dang, vaguely remember. All failures look like Energy Suspen
People Seeking Info

Subject Dang, vaguely remember. All failures look like Energy Suspen

Posted by Polishzx on December 07, 2023 at 2:41 AM
  This message has been viewed 127 times.

In Reply To Did you read this? posted by Bernie (NoVA) on December 04, 2023 at 10:54 AM

Message sion, but not positive. The design of the Whiteline part is a little different than the ES bushing, being a two-piece design. I concede that may not really make a big difference, but I think it could make a small difference in one particular area. The Whiteline design may allow for a better application of grease between the exterior of the poly bushing and metal surface of the arm/knuckle. With the single-piece ES bushing, you have to press it in with a tool/rig and there is a lot of tension on the bushing as it gets installed so any grease on the exterior of the bushing gets scraped off. Pressing in the two halves of the Whiteline bushings by hand, no tension at all and you can get plenty of grease in there.

I realize this area I mentioned above is NOT the main rotating surface but I have read it is still important to grease that exterior surfaces of the poly bushing, anything that touches metal, to keep rust from forming between metal and poly and maybe with noise. At least in the very helpful photos posted from both you and Barry, it does look pretty dry in there. I wonder if more grease inside (which is almost impossible on those ES bushings as I mentioned) would at least keep the bushing moving and just squeaking, rather than completely seizing up and breaking the arm.

Going to keep a close eye on things. So far everything is 100% silent and I'm expecting squeaking to be the first sign of any trouble.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.